Port Perry’s New Event will Warm Up Your Winter!
The wind and snow might be icy, but community spirit is warm and toasty in beautiful downtown Port Perry. So if you’re feeling like you’ve had enough of winter, come to Port Perry from February 4 to 20 for Winter Warm Up.
Brought to you by the businesses of downtown Port Perry, Winter Warm Up will feature loads of specials and savings in the many wonderful restaurants, shops and services this charming town has to offer.
It all kicks off with Soup for Thought and the Polar Plunge on Saturday February 4th.
Soup for Thought is an annual fundraiser for the Durham Children’s Aid Foundation bursary program. Now in its fifth year, it’s a tasty way to enjoy the best gourmet soups around and help fund post-secondary education for youth in foster care. Soup for Thought takes place at the Port Perry United Church at 294 Queen Street. For only $20 you’ll receive a hand-painted mug and the opportunity to taste soups prepared by ten local restaurants and organizations. After you’ve had your fill, you get to vote for the winner!
Soup for Thought runs from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. It’s a popular event so be sure to arrive with plenty of time to fill and re-fill your soup mug. Afterwards, stroll down historic Queen Street to witness the frosty fun of Polar Plunge. Individuals and teams are “gettin’ freezin’ for a reason” lakeside in Palmer Park. The action starts at 2 pm with many plungers coming in costume. Proceeds from the Polar Plunge benefit the Auxiliary to Lakeridge Health Port Perry.
After these warm-hearted fundraisers, the restaurants, shops and services of Port Perry’s historic downtown offer up two weeks of special features and savings, February 4th to 20th.
Here are just a few of our Winter Warm Up specials!
- Old Flame Brewing Company presents Bitter Sweet, an event to celebrate the delicious pairing of chocolate and beer (yum!) oldflamebrewingco.ca
- Hank’s Pastries is Going Bananas! for Winter Warm Up. Be sure to see what sweet and wonderful creations are on the menu and at the bakery counter. Hankspastries.ca
- Jester’s Court is offering daily Winter Warm Up dinner features. This warm and friendly dining spot is a great place to meet friends for a relaxing and delicious dinner. Jesterscourt.ca
- Harp and Wylies Canadian Grill House is preparing some special menu items for Winter Warm Up. Reservations are recommended. Harpandwylies.com
- Famous for its international menu, Marwan’s Global Bistro is preparing some tasty soups for Winter Warm Up. Marwansglobalbistro.com
- Mmmmm… Mac & Cheese! The Piano Inn & Café is featuring a flight of Mac & Cheese for Winter Warm Up. Call ahead to check open hours and to make a reservation at 905-982-0707. Pianocafe.ca
- Out of the flames and into your hands, all flame-formed re-beer glasses by Terry Craig are on sale at META4 Contemporary Craft Gallery. Buy one glass and get the second glass for half price, while supplies last. Meta4gallery.ca
Make sure to LIKE us on facebook:
Hashtags: #WinterWarmUp #DiscoverPortPerry #PortPerryEats #NorthDurham #PortPerry #Food #Foodie #TastePortPerry