Port Perry’s New Event will Warm Up Your Winter!
The wind and snow might be icy, but community spirit is warm and toasty in beautiful downtown Port Perry. So if you’re feeling like you’ve had enough of winter, come to Port Perry from February 4 to 20 for Winter Warm Up.
Brought to you by the businesses of downtown Port Perry, Winter Warm Up will feature loads of specials and savings in the many wonderful restaurants, shops and services this charming town has to offer.
It all kicks off with Soup for Thought and the Polar Plunge on Saturday February 4th.
Soup for Thought is an annual fundraiser for the Durham Children’s Aid Foundation bursary program. Now in its fifth year, it’s a tasty way to enjoy the best gourmet soups around and help fund post-secondary education for youth in foster care. Soup for Thought takes place at the Port Perry United Church at 294 Queen Street. For only $20 you’ll receive a hand-painted mug and the opportunity to taste soups prepared by ten local restaurants and organizations. After you’ve had your fill, you get to vote for the winner!
Soup for Thought runs from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. It’s a popular event so be sure to arrive with plenty of time to fill and re-fill your soup mug. Afterwards, stroll down historic Queen Street to witness the frosty fun of Polar Plunge. Individuals and teams are “gettin’ freezin’ for a reason” lakeside in Palmer Park. The action starts at 2 pm with many plungers coming in costume. Proceeds from the Polar Plunge benefit the Auxiliary to Lakeridge Health Port Perry.
After these warm-hearted fundraisers, the restaurants, shops and services of Port Perry’s historic downtown offer up two weeks of special features and savings, February 4th to 20th.
Win a Winter Warm Up gift basket!
You could win a fabulous gourmet basket just for shopping and doing business in Port Perry during Winter Warm Up. This year’s prize, valued at $300, could be yours, courtesy of the Port Perry BIA and Port Olive Oil Co. Fill out a ballot at any participating BIA member. You deserve a February treat!
Here are just a few of our Winter Warm Up specials!
- Old Flame Brewing Company presents Bitter Sweet, an event to celebrate the delicious pairing of chocolate and beer (yum!) oldflamebrewingco.ca
- Hank’s Pastries is Going Bananas! for Winter Warm Up. Be sure to see what sweet and wonderful creations are on the menu and at the bakery counter. Hankspastries.ca
- Jester’s Court is offering daily Winter Warm Up dinner features. This warm and friendly dining spot is a great place to meet friends for a relaxing and delicious dinner. Jesterscourt.ca
- Harp and Wylies Canadian Grill House is preparing some special menu items for Winter Warm Up. Reservations are recommended. Harpandwylies.com
- Famous for its international menu, Marwan’s Global Bistro is preparing daily features Winter Warm Up, including some delectable soup and sandwich combos for lunch. Marwansglobalbistro.com
- Mmmmm… Mac & Cheese! The Piano Inn & Café is featuring a flight of Mac & Cheese for Winter Warm Up. Call ahead to check open hours and to make a reservation at 905-982-0707. Pianocafe.ca
- Out of the flames and into your hands, all flame-formed re-beer glasses by Terry Craig are on sale at META4 Contemporary Craft Gallery. Buy one glass and get the second glass for half price, while supplies last. Meta4gallery.ca
- After more than 130 years in business, Brock’s is still a fashion destination in Port Perry. Stop by during Winter Warm Up to take in these special offers:
- up to 70% off selected cozy sweaters and winter coats
- 50% off all hats, mitts and gloves to warm your hands!
- 25% – 50% off selected winter boots to keep those toes warm
- 25% off all socks
- Plus! Save 10% with your Brock’s Gold Card on all new arrival cruise and spring fashions – guaranteed sunshine! Brocks.ca
- Port Perry’s newest BIA merchant is The Ridges Tack Shop. Be sure to check out their selection of equestrian goods. Even horses need to stay warm and during Winter Warm Up and The Ridges Tack Shop is offering special markdowns on winter clothing and winter horse blankets. theridgestackshop.com
- February is the perfect time to pamper yourself and Evelyn Grace Salon is the place. New clients can save 15% on services booked between Feb 4th – 20th. What are you waiting for? Evelyngracesalon.com
- Pickles & Olives Bistro welcomes you during Winter Warm Up with a special selection of new appetizers and daily features. Be sure to make a reservation at this popular dining spot. picklesandolives.ca
- The holiday rush is over so now is the ideal time to frame or renew your artwork. Known for its high-quality work, The Framer’s Gallery is offering 50% off their top 100 custom picture frames. (905) 985-2543
- Cozy up inside when the winter winds are blowing. Petite Images as all kinds of puzzles and indoor pursuits to chase away the winter blues. Wrebbit 3D Puzzles are 25% Off during Winter Warm Up February 4th to 20th. In stock designs only. Plus! Victoria’s Farmhouse Kits are 25% Off during Winter Warm Up February 4th to 20th, while stock lasts. http://petiteimages.com
- It might be Winter Warm Up but Spring is arriving daily at Brittany N Bros. Come visit them their larger new location at 241 Queen Street. Winter fashions are on sale now up to 70% off. http://www.brittanyandbros.com
- No time like the present to get yourself organized! Save 50% on all calendars, journals and daytimers at Books Galore. While your there, pick up the latest best sellers or browse the selection of new and used books. The perfect place to pick up your beach read for that winter vacation. Books Galore & More, 175 Perry Street.
- Exploring Caviar & Cobwebs is like entering a treasure trove. Every week there are new antiques and collectibles. During Winter Warm Up you’ll save 10% store-wide! The perfect time to find a classic gift for your Valentine or update your decor with a timeless piece. caviarandcobwebs.ca
Make sure to LIKE us on facebook:
Follow us on Instagram: Twitter:
Hashtags: #WinterWarmUp #DiscoverPortPerry #PortPerryEats #NorthDurham #PortPerry #Food #Foodie #TastePortPerry